Dr Nelius Van Eeden
Private Oncology Practice, Durbanville
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa 1982 – 1988 MB.,ChB. – 1988
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa 1994 – 1998 Mmed Rad T (Clinical Oncology)
- [01.01.1990 – 31.07.1992] Medical Officer Radiation Oncology
- [01.08.1992 – 15.02.1993] Private general practice
- [15.02.1993 – 30.11.1994] Medical superintendent at Tygerberg Academic Hospital
- [01.12.1994 – 30.11.1998] Registrar Department Radiation (Clinical) Oncology – Tygerberg Hospital
- [01.12.1998 – 28.02.1999] stayed on in Registrar post in Department of Radiation (Clinical) Oncology – Tygerberg Hospital
- [01.03.1999 – 28.02.2001] Consultant Specialist Radiation (Clinical) Oncologist
- [01.03.2001 – 31.03.2003] Senior Radiation (Clinical) Oncologist
- [01.04. 2003 – 19.01.2010] Principal Specialist (Radiation Oncology), Department Radiation Oncology, Tygerberg Hospital
- [1.07.2010 – presently] Private Oncology Practice Durbanville
Prospective randomized clinical phase III study of Vinflunine vs Docetaxel in patients with locally advanced and metastatic non-small cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum containing regimen.
- Protocol Number: L00070 IN 301 J1
- MCC approval Number: N2/13/8/2 (1811)
- Tygerberg Project Number: outstanding
- Principal Investigator
- Ellmann A, N. van Eeden, S. Rubow 2002. The role of Positron Emission Tomography in Lung Cancer. SA Respiratory Journal, Vol 8 (4), 158 – 161
Congresses, Posters and Oral Presentations:
Date of last GCP Training
- Advanced research practice “Cape Clinical Trials 20 June 2008 (prof K Moodley)
Other Activities Pertinent to Professional Qualification
- August 2001: Presented and organized regional AFRA workshop on management and decision making in Clinical Oncology.
- September 2001: Completed PRONTAC Course for university educators.
- January 2002: Completed PRODAC professional education development for academics course.
- Elected member of the IRB/IEC at Tygerberg Hospital (Committee for Pharmaceutical Trials)
- January 2003 – April 2004.
- CSI Radiosurgery Course Centre for Stereotactic Radiosurgery Wynberg Cape Town 30 Oct-3 Nov 2006
- Head and Neck imaging Workshop RSSA 25,26 Oct 2008 Cape Town
- Member of South African Society of Radiation Oncologists 2008
- Committee member for revision of curriculum of College of SA Rad onc. 2008
- Cancer Imaging Course ICIS Completed 6-8 February 2009.